448050911201448 Garden Projects for the Fiesta | Polka Dots and Protons - Interactive Science Notebooks & More

My goal is to make interactive science notebooks engaging for 5th grade and middle school science students while improving science test scores. NGSS expert, teacher, tpt author, mom, & widow

Garden Projects for the Fiesta

Our oldest son is getting married to his wonderful fiance this summer! They will get married in Utah and have a reception there. We will have a party here at home in California a few days later.


The inspiration for the party is a picture our middle son sent from his mission in San Antonio, Texas. We will be stringing papel picado across the driveway in front of the house to copy this picture.


We are going for a colorful, fiesta theme. I love our adobe home and early San Diego/ California history. According to my DNA results, I am only 1% Indigenous Americans-Mexico but it is a strong 1%! 

My artistic sister who orchestrates the design in my life, gives me pictures, blog posts, and links with my marching orders. I am really good at following her directions, except when I go a little rogue (which is rare.)

Flower Boxes

I can't believe how many great ideas she comes up with! This weekend, I filled self watering flower boxes she has me get from Gardener's supply. I purchased ranunculus, bacopa, nemesia, and more.



Garden Arbor and Decomposed Granite Path with Stairs

I still need to add plants on either side of the pathway by the steps but the pathway and stairs have been installed. I decorated the entrance with butterflies. I like the symbolism of change.


Chandelier on Garden Arbor

The hollyhocks are gorgeous right now and I hope they I can keep some growing through June. They are even in the right spots! I bought a chandelier for $4.99 that is so ugly it's beautiful. I love the bells!




Chandelier in the Gazebo

I purchased a chandelier at the thrift store and took off the candle part. I purchased a set of flameless candles that can be turned on and off with a remote. I purchased rechargeable batteries. I got earthquake putty to attach the candles to the chandelier.



Moving the Fountain

My sister wanted me to have the fountain moved? Ok, that is no small task! I got the help and the fountain is moved, has a new pump, and has been repainted. Now I'm working on the plants around it.





Drink Holder 

The bright red cooler will hold water bottles that have custom labels.


Fairy Garden Update

I bought a bird house at the thrift store and I used E6000 glue to add our "pennies from heaven" to the roof. White rocks really finish off this simple fairy garden scene.

Talavera Bird Bath with Plants

The bird bath is not a plant so I reused a pot I had and planted it with ornamental kale and cabbage along with million bells and some other flower finds.