My goal is to make interactive science notebooks engaging for 5th grade and middle school science students while improving science test scores. NGSS expert, teacher, tpt author, mom, & widow

Conservation Projects & Endangered Animals

WE CARE  is slogan meaning Wildlife Education and Conservation Action Reaching Everyone. I wish I had more room to display beautiful student work! I teach science to grades 2-6, 6th grade history, and 6-8th grade coding. Here is a wall showcasing some student work. I have 4th grade "Save the Condors" posters, 2nd grade Pacific Pocket Mouse habitats, 3rd grade Tasmanian devil reports, 6th grade giraffes, and 6th grade Indian elephant art.

These projects showcase our focus on conservation and endangered animals. I had the We Care banner made through Vista Print. The curtains are shower curtains stapled up with dollar store whirly gig flowers.

I took these pictures to share at an event I attended this weekend. As an alumni of the Teacher Workshop in Conservation hosted by the San Diego' Zoo's Safari Park Community Engagement team, I was a representative with two other alumni at an event in La Jolla. I loved talking with people and seeing their excitement about the work done in classrooms relating to conservation. Did I mention there were animal ambassadors at this event? The cutest sloth!
This isn't the actual sloth but it was cute like this. I didn't know sloths were so adorable! Watch out zebras and giraffes...I might have a new favorite friend!

Here is an up close look at my 3rd grade Tasmanian devil report. I purchased this activity HERE and added coloring page options for the Tasmanian devil art in the top portion. I just google searched Tasmanian devil coloring pages and printed some off for the kids to choose from. Videos and resources I used to teach about how Tasmanian devils are endangered can be found HERE.
I also have condor posters created by 6th graders hung on string across the counter. We read an article called "Condor Comeback" from Scholastic. Students took notes and then made posters encouraging hunters to use zinc or aluminum bullets when hunting. Condors are scavengers and if they eat meat like deer left by a hunter that has lead bullets in it, the lead will poison the condors.

I am passionate about teaching my students about conservation. Other posts about conservation and the Teacher Workshop (it's free and you are given a stipend!) can be found HERE.